Thursday, April 8, 2010

VOKI

WOW! That was so simple to create a Voki. I had trouble the first time I attempted creating one but this time it worked perfectly!

The avatars in each of our modules are very helpful to me as it is another method of learning, which would also be an attribute to students in the classroom. Voki's are very simple and easy to create and children would enjoy doing this. It would add another teaching method to the learning journey, thus focusing on different learning styles, as as a Learning Manager we are aiming for 'Education for all'. By allowing students to create their own avatar they would be participating in active learning. This is a fun activity, which would prompt student’s interaction and engagement in the topic.
I would definately like to use voki's in my teaching career! Check out the one I have created :-D




Check it out...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, Just wondering if you have tried to publish your VOKI to your blog? We would then be able to view it without logging into Mahara and adding you as a friend :)
    Zelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    The Voki's are so much fun creating aren't they. Have lots of fun with them. I have even got my children creating them now, they really enjoy it, I am in the midst of creating one for my after school care program to test it out and see if student's are really interested in them. Hope your study's are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun creating mine too. I was a little bit disappointed when I couldn't embed it to my blog, I will have to have another go. The only thing I don't like about the voki is the unnatural voice.

    ReplyDelete