Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 5...

PowerPoint is one of the many types of software I was taught to use in my schooling years. It is so simple and easy to operate and becomes a great presentation tool for teachers and students.
Here is a presentation I created on Counting to 10 for years 1-2.


I have never heard of Interactive Whiteboards before this, although I do think that they would be a great application for teachers and students to use in order to communicate. As a child, if you are taught through the use of technology, I believe it attracts an increased engagement and interest from students resulting in an increased learning outcomes. As students are digital natives, whereas some teachers may be digital immigrants, students would have the chance to actively become involved in assisting the teacher with the technology and show ownership for their learning. This new technology may also aid behaviour management issues, as all learners are involved in the learning process. I know as a student I enjoyed doing assignments and class works, with the use of PowerPoint, much more than just pen and paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment